Receptionist (10:00am to 2:00pm – Monday through Friday)
Position Purpose: To perform receptionist and general office duties, and provide clerical support to the Project Management Teams, Construction Operations, and various local departments such as Estimating and Human Resources.
Reports to: Executive Vice President,
Supports: Pre-Construction Director, Project Management Director, and VP of Business Administration
Directly supervises: No Supervisory Responsibilities
- 3+ years of experience in support roles with office, clerical, and administrative responsibilities
- Construction office experience preferred, but not required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Associates Degree preferred
Skills and Proven Abilities
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the profile of a Bandy Person
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills-spelling, grammar, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Very detail oriented and organized
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage a multi-line phone system
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, e-mail, internet usage, and ability to learn software programs quickly
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls
- Manage phone system functions such as voicemail, updating phone display information, etc.
- Train new employees on phone system use
- Receive walk-in customers, subcontractors, etc. and direct accordingly
- Receive and distribute incoming faxes
- Copy, fax, and scan documents
- Create file folders
- Monitor office equipment and contact vendors to schedule repairs
- Prepare items for mail, certified mail, overnight shipments (UPS, Lone Star, etc.)
- Monitor and order office products and supplies-office products (pens, binders, copy paper, etc.) and office supplies (coffee, cups, etc.)
- Maintain orderly condition of office areas (breakroom, reception area, etc.)
- Communicate with outside janitorial service to report any deficiencies.
- Create, track, and manage lien waiver process.
Estimating Support Duties:
- Update and maintain subcontractor/vendor database
- Contact subcontractors to confirm if they are bidding a project
- Assist with the assembly of bid proposals
- Assist on bid day by receiving incoming bids
- Post-bid day- file bid quotes, prepare bidding documents for return to Architects, input bidders in database who were not on bid list, etc.
HR/Benefits/Safety Support Duties:
- Assist with document preparations for Benefits Open Enrollment
- Assist with the preparation of Project Safety binders and documentation for jobsites
- Maintain and update employee roster and phone numbers
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some bending, stooping, and occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds is required.
Due to the nature of this role, local travel may be required up to 10%. Driver’s License, personal vehicle and auto insurance must remain current at levels deemed appropriate by Bandy Constructors and employees must remain in good standing for insurability purposes.
Successful completion of a fingerprint background check and drug screen.